How do I file a claim?
- The quickest way to file a claim is directly with the insurance carrier. You will find their phone number and website under the “Contact Your Carrier” button.
- You may call us at 251.473.9000 during normal business hours and we can take your claim information.
What happens after I file a claim?
- Once a claim is filed with the carrier, you will be assigned a claim number for tracking purposes. An adjuster will be assigned to you and will contact you as quickly as possible to answer questions and begin the claims handling process.
- Depending on the type of damage, you may need to take steps to mitigate the risk of further damage. Please make any emergency repairs that are necessary to stop any further loss. Keep all receipts and pertinent documentation for your claims adjuster.
What information should I have for my adjuster?
- Photos or videos of the damage to your property and/or contents.
- Receipts / pictures of any emergency work done to prevent further damage.
- If your property is inhabitable, please keep receipts for lodging & food.
How long does it take to talk to an adjuster?
- Depending on the severity of the damage to our area, it could take up to 72 hours for your claim to be assigned and you hear from an adjuster. Be prepared to offer as much detail as possible with supporting documentation. More complicated claims will take longer to process.
When can I expect an adjuster to inspect my damage after I have filed a claim?
- If inspection of the property is necessary, an adjuster should be at your property as soon as scheduling and accessibility permits.
- Certain claims do not require an adjuster to inspect. Your claims adjuster will determine this during your initial discussion.
Should I contact FEMA?
- If you have flood damage or flood questions, we encourage you to contact FEMA (800.621.3362) or your specific flood carrier directly. Please see “Contact Your Carrier” to find your flood company’s contact information.